Call Us 973-942-0300
For 100 years the Auxiliary of the Little Sisters of the Poor has been working to provide financial aid to the Sisters, and remains as committed to that goal today as it was when it was founded. The organization was formed in 1910 by Mrs. John P. Agnew, well known in the northern New Jersey area for her many charitable interests. Originally called “The Junior Aid” and primarily composed of Mrs. Agnew’s daughters and their friends, the Auxiliary numbered 10 charter members at the outset. According to the Auxiliary’s booklet, “The original and continuing purpose of the Auxiliary has been to give financial aid to the Good Sisters. Their self-sacrifice and dedication is their gift to God, and the work of each Auxiliary member is their sharing in this dedication. A member joins only because she wants to help and because the cause is well worth any effort she may make. “A record of 100 years of successful achievement is enviable, particularly since it has been arrived at in such a friendly and amicable environment by members both living and deceased.” The Auxiliary schedules a number of fund-raising activities each year, among them the Spring Fashion Show and Luncheon, and the Christmas Boutique and Luncheon.Currently the Auxiliary consists of 39 Active Members and 44 Associate Members.