Are you a high school or college student looking for a way to make a difference in the world, for some place to volunteer your time and talents?
Are you a youth minister looking for a worthwhile service site for your group?
You’ve come to the right place!
Youth service options at St. Joseph’s Home for the Elderly include:
- Mass with the Residents and Little Sisters – every day
- Helping to serve the noon meal to the Residents
- Helping to animate activities with the Residents
- Providing music and entertainment–our Residents always enjoy performances by school groups!
- School class or youth group could sponsor an event—a bingo party or another special activity
If you or your group would like to be a part of our Home and share in the joy of getting to know our Residents, please click on “Contact Us” then look under Vocations/Youth Volunteers for contact information.
Believing in the value of the lives of the elderly, we strive to make our Residents as happy as possible. You too can discover the wisdom and beauty of the elderly through the many volunteer opportunities which exist in our Home. Volunteering is an excellent way to share your time and talents, and in return, to experience happiness yourself as you brighten someone’s day.
Current Volunteer Needs:
- Visit with Residents
- Assist the Sisters in serving dinner to Residents
- Assist with activities, bingo, parties or crafts
- Drive Residents to appointments
- "Hidden services" such as folding clothes, ironing, chapel assistance, sewing, etc.
- Musicians to entertain Residents
- Church groups or office groups can adopt our Residents for a holiday or sponsor an activity or bingo party
For more information:
Click on “Contact Us” and look under Adult Volunteers.
“Blessed are they with a cheery smile
Who stop to chat for a little while”
(From Beatitudes for Friends of the Aged
~ Esther Mary Walker)