Association Jeanne Jugan
The Association Jeanne Jugan (A.J.J.) is a group of Catholic adults who, after a year of spiritual preparation, make an annual promise to assist the elderly in ways of hospitality. Association members do this by taking on the charism of Saint Jeanne Jugan in helping the aged through volunteer service and friendship. Members embrace the Little Sisters’ ideal of hospitality and are welcomed into the Home as part of the family.
A.J.J. activities at Joseph’s Home for the Elderly include:
- Helping the Little Sisters in their Apostolate, as needed
- Participating in periodic spiritual events, such as retreats and prayer services
- Visiting Residents who are hospitalized, room-bound or in need of special attention
- Assuring a comforting presence with the dying Residents
- Assisting in serving and feeding Residents
- Assisting with Resident parties, outings and ice cream socials
- Laundry and linen service
- Helping with fund raising activities
- Annual retreats
- Driving and/or accompanying Residents for their appointments
If you are interested in joining the Association Jeanne Jugan, please contact Sr. Veronica Coyle at email@example.com
(Please type A.J.J. in the subject line).